Unfortunately we are a no-refund event. Costs to produce the races are typically spent weeks and even months prior to the event. Thank you for understanding. With that said, you may still be in luck!
If TriUtah is forced to change the date of an event, you have two options if we change the date of an event (not related to a weather cancellation):
- If the new date works for you, great news! You are automatically registered for the event that day. Watch for more exciting race day specifics that will be emailed to you a month before the event.
- If the new date does NOT work for you, please CONTACT US and our awesome customer service reps will help you by transferring your registration to another event.
If you cannot participate in an event you are registered for, for any reason, you may defer to a future event in the same calendar year for a small transfer fee.
If you defer to a future event the following year, you will receive a 50% credit from your original purchase price. Please contact us to defer.
Transferring from athlete to athlete is NOT allowed or available through our registration system.
In the event that weather or other unforeseeable conditions are deemed by event organizers, USAT and/or City Officials to be potentially hazardous to participants and volunteers, the organizers reserve the right to modify the event, postpone the start time or cancel the event outright. Cancellation of the event may take place either prior to the start of the event or at any time while the event is taking place. There will be no refunds or deferrals for weather related cancellations.
USA Triathlon Waiver
When you register for a TriUtah Event, you agree to the following USA Triathlon Waiver:
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
IN CONSIDERATION of USA Triathlon (“USAT”) allowing me to participate in any USAT sanctioned event (the “Event” or “Events”) as either a member of USAT or through the issuance of a single event license or permit; I, for myself, and on behalf of my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and
next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (the “Agreement”);
1. I hereby represent that (i) I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event; and (ii) I am not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair my ability to safely participate in the Event. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Event.
2. I understand and acknowledge the physical and mental rigors associated with triathlon, duathlon, or other multi-sport events, and realize that running, bicycling, swimming and other portions of such Events are inherently dangerous and represent an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits. I understand that participation involves risks and dangers which include, without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness and disease, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; accidents, contact or collision with other participants, spectators, vehicles or other natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect course conditions; water, road and surface hazards; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the Event Organizers; and other undefined risks and dangers which may not be readily foreseeable or are presently unknown (“Risks”). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or
in part by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event, or the acts, inaction or negligence of the Released Parties defined below, and I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses or expenses which I incur as a result of my participation in the Event.
3. I agree to be familiar with and to abide by the Rules and Regulations established for the Event, including but not limited to the Competitive Rules adopted by USAT and the Guide to Prohibited Substances and Prohibited Methods of Doping adopted by the United States Anti-Doping Agency. I also accept sole responsibility for my own conduct and actions while participating in the Event, and the condition and adequacy of my equipment.
4. I hereby Release, Waive and Covenant Not to Sue, and further agree to Indemnify, Defend and Hold Harmless the following parties: USAT, the Event Owners, Organizers and Promoters, Race Directors, Sponsors, Advertisers, Host Cities, United States Olympic Committee (USOC), Local Organizing Committees, Venues and Property Owners upon which the Event takes place, Law Enforcement Agencies and other Public Entities providing support for the Event, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers (Individually and Collectively, the “Released Parties” or “Event Organizers”), with respect to any
liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense (including court costs and reasonable attorneys fees) of any kind or nature (“Liability”) which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in the Event, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liability which any may be incurred as the result of such claim. I hereby warrant that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of the minor, my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have signed this Agreement freely and voluntarily, without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity
and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
TriUtah Waiver & Release
Please read any waiver carefully. It includes a release of liability and waiver of legal rights and deprives you of the ability to sue certain parties. Do not agree to this document unless you have read and understood it in its entirety. By agreeing electronically, you acknowledge that you have both read and understood the text presented to you as part of the registration process. You also understand and agree that events carry certain inherent dangers and risks, which may or may not be readily foreseeable, including without limitation personal injury, property damage or death. Your ability to participate in the event(s) is/are subject to your agreement to the waiver and by agreeing herein, you accept and agree to the terms of the waiver and release agreement. By indicating your acceptance, you understand, agree, warrant, and covenant as follows:
ALL PARTICIPANTS IN TriUtah events AND RELATED EVENTS (“EVENTS”) ARE REQUIRED TO ASSUME ALL RISK OF PARTICIPATION BY AGREEING TO THIS RELEASE AT TIME OF ONLINE REGISTRATION OR BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
The undersigned athlete (“Athlete”) on behalf of himself/herself and on behalf of the Athlete’s personal representatives, assigns, heirs, executors, hereby fully and forever releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to sue any municipality, parks departments, sponsor, partner, USA Triathlon, Skol Sporting Management, and all other municipal or government agencies whose property and/or personnel are used and all other sponsoring or co-sponsoring companies or individuals related to the EVENT (collectively, “Releasees”) from all liability to the Athlete and his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and executors, for all loss(es) or damage(s) and any and all claims or demands therefore, on account of injury to the Athlete or property or resulting in the death of an Athlete, whether caused by the active or passive negligence of all or any of the Releasees or otherwise, in connection with the Athlete’s participation in the EVENT. The Athlete represents and warrents that he/she is in good physical condition and is able to safely participate in the EVENT. The Athlete is fully aware of the risks and hazards inherent in participating in the EVENT and hereby elects to voluntarily compete in the EVENT, knowing the risks associated with the EVENT, including, without limitation, weather conditions such as high heat and/or humidity, wind, hail, rain, snow, flood, traffic and the condition of the road, all such risks being known and appreciated by the Athlete. The Athlete hereby assumes all risks of loss(es), damage(s), or injury(ies) that may be sustained by him/her while participating in the EVENT. The Athlete agrees to the use of his/her name and photograph in broadcasts, newspapers, brochures, and other media compensation. The Athlete acknowledges that the entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event the EVENT is delayed or prevented by reason of fire, threatened or actual strike, labor difficulty, work stoppage, insurrection, war, public disaster, flood, unavoidable casualty, pandemic, health crisis, acts of God or the elements (including, without limitation, hurricanes, floods, tornadoes and earthquakes), or any other cause beyond the control of Skol Sporting Management dba TriUtah, there shall be no refund of the entry fee or any other costs of the Athlete in connection with the EVENT. The Athlete hereby grants to the medical director(s) of the EVENT and his or her agents, affiliates and designees, access to all medical records (and physicians) as needed and authorizes medical treatment as needed. The Athlete understands that the Athlete may be receiving a rental chip at packet pickup and will be charged $50 if the Athlete does not return the rental chip. The Athlete warrants that all statements made herein are true and correct and understands that Releasees have relied on them in allowing the Athlete to participate in the EVENT.